Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition
Overview and Motivation
Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition is the Portable-Edition for Virtual Labs. It offers the offline version of Virtual labs, experiments and theoretical content. This edition addresses the lack of internet access or poor internet connectivity across different institutes/colleges. It results in a very cost-effective Learning Management System.
Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition currently has about 75 labs (700+ experiments) across multiple disciplines. It aims at providing remote access to labs for Science and Engineering students. Simulation based experimentation would now be possible without the internet facility. This initiative would make the labs developed by top technical institutes accessible to every college.
Expression of Interest
To obtain Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition or have a workshop conducted, institutes/colleges should fill the Expression of Interest form. Further communications would happen through email.
System Configuration (recommended)
- Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 , CPU with 3.40GHz (Model : intel-db75en)
- RAM : 16 GB
- SMPS : 600 W
- CPUs: 8
- MotherBoard wattage: 77 W
- 500 GB SATA
- WiFi Router : WiFi router which could serve 30-80 users
- Computer Lab with at least 30-80 Systems/Desktops
- Network Input ( Network Switch , from where all the labs would obtain DHCP IP) to Computer Lab machines/Desktops.
This would make College Cloud accessible over the LAN network providing better results
- System Administrator with basic knowledge of CentOS operating systems and networking
Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition could be deployed by following the steps described in the installation manual.
1. For the above given System Configuration, one could work with 3-5 labs at a
time catering 20-30 users.
2. Virtual Labs College Cloud server would not be connected to the internet while labs are being accessed over the College Cloud.
3. College Cloud server should be connected to the internet on a regular basis to facilitate log collection.
4. Videos of the labs would not be accessible from the College Cloud Edition.
Get help with Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting on the IRC channel using #VLEAD.
Terms and Conditions
1. There is no financial liability on any party for using Virtual Labs College
Cloud Edition. It is free to use.
2. The Institute/College cannot charge students for the use of Virtual Labs College Cloud Edition.
3. The institute/college must nominate a single point of contact for all logistical and technical coordination between the institute and Virtual Labs.